The Telford & Wrekin Council Landlord Accreditation Scheme is a FREE scheme for private landlords, which recognises good quality, well-managed private sector accommodation.
It sets out minimum safety, contractual and service delivery standards that tenants can expect when they rent accommodation. These standards are clear, understandable and readily achievable.
Accreditation status will be given to Landlords and Letting/Managing Agents of properties which meet the following requirements:
- The Landlord or Letting/Managing Agent has registered to attended a 1 day course run by the Telford & Wrekin Council (payment for this course will be invoiced on application and the course must be attended within 6 months of registering)
- The property is free of all category 1 hazards and serious category 2 hazards, as identified under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS)
- Gas Safety and Energy Performance certificates are provided
- The property has an adequate means of escape and detection in case of fire
- The property meets the physical standards set out in the scheme
- The Landlord or Letting/Managing Agent is a fit and proper person and complies with the Management Code of Practice